CW

CW

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Batman: The Dark Knight #12

Written by Gregg Hurwitz      Art by David Finch



Holy. Crap!  That's what I had to say at the end of this issue.  This particular Bat-title hasn't been what you would call umm . . . ya know good for a good long while.  It always felt more to me like episodes of The Batman or sub-par Batman: the Animated Series episodes as opposed to really well done Batman stories.  But then again that might just be me being spoiled rotten by Scott Snyder's fantastic run on Batman.

That being said this issue kicked some major ass!  I really loved the trip down memory lane for both Crane and Wayne here.  Oh haha!  Their names rhyme!  That's funny . . . Anyway . . . Hurwitz was able to craft a very interesting, psychological take on the pasts of our protagonist and antagonist.  And of course Finch's art is always a treat.  He's really hit his stride in the New 52 with Batman. 

This is the kind of story I wish the Nolan films had done to utilize the Scarecrow character better.  Don't get me wrong, Cillian Murphy was great but the character was underused despite appearing in all three films.  Oh well. 


I give this issue Five Stitches in Crane's Mouth out of Five.  (damn that would hurt right?  yeesh!)

No comments:

Post a Comment