CW

CW

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #15

written by Brian Michael Bendis     art by David Marquez


If there is one compliment I will always give a Bendis book it's that I feel like every single character is real.  Gahke and Miles have a very real friendship to me.  I found myself laughing out loud at their interaction at the beginning of the book.  I knew I would like this book.  I like pretty much all of Bendis's work.  What I didn't know was how quickly I would fall for it.  Miles is definitely one of my favorite characters and the way he has gone about becoming the new Spider-Man has been very realistic to me.  True the book takes it's liberties with science (wouldn't be a comic book if it didn't) but it's still an incredible emotional ride and I still look forward to it every month even without Peter Parker as the title character.

I'm sure many people would complain that the book is slow paced and has taken a long time to "get to the point" so to speak.  I would almost agree with them if not for the fact that, like I said, that's what makes the book feel realistic to me.  Look at the first 2 years of the original Ultimate Spider-Man!  These kind of stories take time and end up being noted as the best because of it.  I'm very excited to see how Miles will do on the Ultimates.  Actually I'm more excited to see how long he can keep his identity a secret (my guess is not long at all). 


Rating:

Five Aunt Robin Cameos out of Five  (haha see what I did there?)

No comments:

Post a Comment