CW

CW

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

JUSTICE LEAGUE #0

written by Geoff Johns     art by Gary Frank    with cameo art by Ethan Van Sciver


We're going to call this particular issue the anti-Spider-Man.  With great power comes whatever the hell you wanna do with it.  That seems to be the basic message in this issue.  I'm not complaining.  It took me a minute to appreciate it but this is a great story.  I'm sure most fans are going to be upset and complain about how this isn't "how it's supposed to be."  To them I say, fucking get over it!  It's the new 52 and anything goes.

I'd like to think in the next few backups we'll see Billy abusing his power as Shazam.  But again, I'm sure we'll get an "Uncle Ben" moment where something terrible will happen and he'll step up to be the noble hero we all know him to be.

I am personally very interested in what happens to Billy and his new family.  If I have any complaint it's that (this issue notwithstanding) I hate that the story is just told in backups.  It's very exciting and a great new twist on the Shazam legend.  It deserves it's own book.  However, Johns will probably not have time to write it given his ongoing runs on Aquaman, Green Lantern, Justice League and the upcoming Justice League of America.  I guess we'll see what happens.  I am very much looking forward to it!

As a side note the twist at the end with the Question's cameo and Pandora's possession of the "Box" are enough to get any fan excited for what comes next.  I'm hoping for an announcement soon on the Question.

Rating:
Five Mystical Spells out of Five

No comments:

Post a Comment