CW

CW

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

American Vampire: Lord of Nightmares #4

written by Scott Snyder        art by Dustin Nguyen

Mr Nguyen!  If there is anyone who is worthy of taking over American Vampire from Rafael Albuquerque it is YOU!  Damn this book is just gorgeous to look at!  Between Nguyen's pencils and John Kalisz coloring I just can't get enough vampire goodness!

This issue focuses pretty much solely on the feud between Hobbes and Benedict.  We get a good back story on Hobbes and Benedict looks freaking bad ass as a vampire.  So yeah!  There's something for everyone ;)

I was going to complain that for a book titled Lord of Nightmares we have very little Lord and mostly just Nightmares.  At first this really bothered me.  I mean come on Snyder!  Let's get some Dracula up in this bitch!  Then I realized that since that's what I was expecting I would have probably been disappointed.  It's better that Dracula is just a force of nature rather than a physical presence.  He's more Emperor Palpatine than Darth Vader.  And ya know what?  That's a pretty unique twist on Dracula.  Seriously!  Think about it . . .

Rating:

Four Vampire Cerebros out of Five

No comments:

Post a Comment