CW

CW

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Avengers Assemble #7

written by Brian Michael Bendis    pencils by Mark Bagley

All the Avengers are floating in Outer Space!!  They are all gonna die!  Even tho one is a giant green monster, one is an immortal god, one has highly sophisticated armor, and one is Chris Evans.  Yeah, they'll be fine.

Given that this is written by Bendis with pencils by Bagley I've found this particular arc to be kinda ordinary.  It did not jump out at me like their Ultimate Spider-Man run or their brief time on Mighty Avengers did.  This issue was not bad by any means!  Don't get me wrong I really enjoyed it, I just didn't find it "Holy crap Wow!" that Bendis's work usually does for me. 

It might be because I feel like this is more of a marketing book than anything else.  Thanos, the Guardians of the Galaxy, the movie's cast of Avengers (sans Nick Fury).  Again, I'm not complaining but it's just not the usual Bendis flair that I love. 

Although this book does earn points with Hulk and Thor fighting in outer space.  Because that's just fucking awesome to see!  And furthermore I don't know if Bendis has any plans to stay with the GotG during Marvel NOW! but I hope he does.  I'm very interested in the characters and a well done comic would get me excited for the upcoming movie (right now I don't care about it at all).  I guess time will tell . . .

rating:

Four Man Made Cosmic Cubes out of Five

No comments:

Post a Comment