CW

CW

Thursday, February 26, 2015

NEW ALIEN MOVIE!

Neill Blomkemp (there's an awesome name) director of critically acclaimed films such as District 9 and Elysium has gotten a shot at the big time - Alien. I love the Alien movies. I loved the first one because it was scary as hell, the second one because it was scary and action packed. I never actually saw the full third film (although I hear I'm not missing out). Alien: Resurrection was . . . eh, it was ok it was just not on par with the original films. The imagery in the movies is striking and original.

Freud would have loved this movie

When I was a kid I read comic books like Superman vs Alien Part One and Part Two, Batman vs Aliens Part One and Two, and my favorite and hidden gem Aliens vs Predator vs Terminator. If you ever find these, I highly recommend. They're pretty bad ass. 



See? That's bad ass right!

The big question is what is gonna happen in the film? Blomkemp released some concept art that he worked on and it all looks interesting. It implies the return of the ship from LV426, the alien queen, Corporal Hicks, and Ripley sporting a helmet shaped like the Xenomorph head. All in all, it looks really interesting and exciting. But what will happen in the film? Will it have ties to Prometheus

Fun fact: this was the only part of the film I liked

Maybe it will be another Aliens vs Predator movie?

Eh . . . probably not a good idea

Hey maybe they'll do something really wacky and bring the Aliens to a different Fox franchise.

Alien: Heroclix 

I can't tell you how much I was disappointed by Prometheus. I was really looking forward to that movie relaunching the Alien franchise, even if it was just on the fringes. I liked the Predators movie with Adrien Brody, even though the acting in the film was awful. I still thought it was a cool concept. I think there have been many attempts to get a new Alien film made over the last few years but nothing caught on. Hopefully, Blomkemp will bring back the awesome and scary to the Alien universe. 

Also, and this is a little off topic, but think about this: You ever think if the Aliens were real? Dude we'd be fucked! Acid for blood! Egg laying super-mom queen! Damn things don't feel pain, they just breed! And for some reason there's always some dumb human that wants to use it as a weapon. They're pretty much indestructible, if for no other reason than their numbers.  

Also they're terrifying

Good thing that these things don't exist. Or maybe they do . . . We don't really know do we . . . ??

Till Next Time!


JJ - The Comic Junkie

No comments:

Post a Comment