CW

CW

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Ultimate Spider-Man #14

written by Brian Michael Bendis     art by David Marquez


I don't know much about Divided We Fall.  And to be quite honest I don't really care.  I love Brian Michael Bendis and his work on Ultimate Spider-Man from Peter Parker to Miles Morales has been nothing short of amazing!  . . . Oh haha!  Pun intended.

Miles has quickly become one of my favorite characters.  He's gone through so much this past year and to top it off Captain America shows up and says, "You're done."  What Bendis does so brilliantly is take a simple scene of Aunt May, Captain America, Miles, Gwen Stacy, and Mary Jane Watson and not only make it not as ridiculous as it sounds but it's an emotional roller coaster for all involved especially the reader.  In these pages you learn why May and Gwen give Miles their blessing, why Cap doesn't want Miles to be Spider-Man, and what is gonna make Miles a hero worthy of the Spider-Man title.

The highlight of this issue came from Miles using the web shooters for the first time.  I genuinely laughed out loud at him trying to figure it out.  Miles is so much more relatable than your average comic book character.  That's Bendis's talent shining through. 

Marquez is really growing on me.  I did not like his work at first but now that he is Marvel exclusive it looks like he is bringing his A game.  From the opening argument with Cap and Miles to the closing resolve the art was brilliant. 

All in all Ultimate Spider-Man remains one of the absolute best comic books I read every month and one I genuinely look forward to :)

Rating:

Five Web Catridges out of Five  (which is probably more than Miles has right now haha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment