CW

CW

Friday, September 21, 2012

BATMAN BEYOND CHAPTER 12

written by Adam Beechen    art by Norm Breyfogle


Action packed.  Simple. Fun.  Three things that can make for a great read in a comic book.  I'm happy to say that this chapter of Batman Beyond had all 3.  The story is fast paced and keeps you on your toes. 

I really like how we get to see Terry be a bit more of a trusting Batman than Bruce was.  He accepts Vigilante's help and they go on a crusade to try and stop the bombings in Gotham City.  The Jokerz being suicide bombers I thought was a great touch.  It seems true to their characters but has just enough real world shock value to pull the reader in a little more.

Also seeing the return of Dick Grayson Beyond and Catwoman Beyond are enough to get me excited for more stories. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again - the best part about this series is that it does feel like an extension of the TV show.  I can hear the voices in my head (I hope that doesn't sound crazy) and wish that WB would get off their butts and bring back the cartoon!!

My one complaint (which is gonna sound weird given what I just said) is that the art is a little too cartoony.  I wish Dustin Nguyen could be the regular artist on this series instead of just the cover artist. 

Rating:

Four Joker Bombers out of Five

No comments:

Post a Comment