CW

CW

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

NIGHTWING #0

written by Tom DeFalco & Kyle Higgins    pencils by Eddy Barrows


The origin of Dick Grayson revealed!  Actually better than that.  This is the origin of the original Batman and Robin.  Nightwing has been one of the new 52 titles that I've been most surprised by.  Higgins has taken the character and made him more than just "Batman-lite" (not that anyone called him that . . . Ok I did . . .)  Month after month the book has made me fall in love with Dick Grayson who has become more than just Batman's former ward/sidekick.  He is a man now.  Free from the shadow of the Bat and even from the shadow of Haly's Circus.  But what makes Grayson great is that he has never forgotten that he is who he is because of the Bat and Haly's Circus. 

It's a condensed story but honestly I would love to see Dick's time as Robin expanded upon.  From his nights fighting crime in just a red hoodie to the suit he made from bits and pieces of Batman's armor I want more!  I may never get more but I loved this story.  Since The Dark Knight Trilogy is over I think WB should consider their next Bat-film franchise with Dick Grayson starting in as Robin then becoming Nightwing.  Maybe it will be.  Although we'll probably get a Justice League movie first.  Which I still have no opinion about btw.

Rating:

Five Parkour Jumps out of Five


No comments:

Post a Comment