CW

CW

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

DAREDEVIL #18

written by Mark Waid      art by Chris Samnee


There really is only one way to describe Waid's run on Daredevil: FUN.  From the first issue till now it's been one of my absolute favorite books.  It occurs to me that I've never bought Daredevil on a monthly basis.  Actually I've never bought a Mark Waid book on a monthly basis.  The quality of this book makes me glad I haven't though. Gotta start somewhere right?

One of the best parts of the book to me is that like any great story you're invested not only in the protagonist but the supporting cast as well.  Through Waid's run Foggy has become a great character to me and not just "Daredevil's sidekick".  Although I don't agree with how quickly Foggy dismissed Matt previously I do love how he's willing to stick his neck out for him again.

Mobsters.  Frame up.  Matt may be losing his mind.  Not much more you can ask for in an exciting story.  Well done Mark Waid!  Well Done!

PS - I hate the art.  Samnee has got to go!  Bring back Paolo Rivera!


Rating:

Five Knockout Teas out of Five

No comments:

Post a Comment