CW

CW

Friday, October 29, 2010

JJ Reacts To:

The title for Nolan's third Batman movie - THE DARK KNIGHT RISES


Hmmm . . . Well the first one was called Batman Begins, the second the Dark Knight, and now The Dark Knight Rises.  Given that The Dark Knight was WAY more successful than Begins it makes sense they would keep that in the title somehow. Which I'm not opposed to at all.

I like the title.  It's not what I would have done, but then again I probably would've told the Joker's origin again.  And I would have been wrong. 

I've been a Batman fan for my entire life.  The character has always had a spot near and dear to my heart.  I can't really explain why but he has always been my favorite character and always will be.  In my honest opinion I consider The Dark Knight to be the perfect Batman movie.  It had just about everything you need to tell a truly great and powerful Batman story.  Christian Bale, Gary Oldman, and Michael Caine are absolutely great with just about every sentence they say in character.  Bale's Bat-voice might not be great but it's better than nothing.

So this new movie has Tom Hardy, a release date of July 20, 2012, no Riddler (bummer by the way), and no 3D.  I'm actually glad about the lack of 3D.  It's getting annoying.  And it also doesn't always work.  I was really hoping for the Riddler because he is one of my favorite villains (especially John Glover's work in Batman: the Animated Series).  I think Nolan and crew have a LOT of work to do if they expect to even come close to the awesomeness that is The Dark Knight.  But I have faith that they will give us a movie worthy to star Gotham's Dark Knight.

No comments:

Post a Comment