CW

CW

Saturday, September 15, 2018

8 WAYS TO CELEBRATE BATMAN DAY


Today is DC's annual Batman Day! Your local comic book store and probably a few other geek-ish stores will be having various Bat-related sales and such. Also, www.readdc.com is having a sale on digital Bat-comics for your enjoyment. But what other ways can you celebrate? Well . . . I have a few suggestions . . .

LISTEN TO AND DANCE TO THE BATMAN THEME

You all know it! It's one of the most iconic and well known songs of all time. Even if you've never seen a minute of the original TV series you know how this song goes. NA NA NA NA NA BATMAN! It's perfect and fun to (kind of) dance to. Legend has it that if you say Batman three times in the mirror, Adam West appears and does the Batusi with you. 

FIGHT FOR JUSTICE

I'm not saying put on a costume and fight crime. I mean you can but without years of rigorous training you might get your ass kicked. I mean stand up to a bully, donate to charity, compliment someone, I don't know dude! Do something good in the world! What have you done lately? Probably nothing but complain about how tired you are! Do something good for crying out loud! Batman can't do this alone! 

READ YOUR FAVORITE BAT-COMIC

What if you don't have one? Well, take advantage of DC's sale on their website or get off your butt and visit your local comic book store and find one! I highly recommend a few classics such as Batman: Hush, The Dark Knight Returns, The Court of Owls, The Killing Joke, Death of the Family, or whatever you consider to be your favorite! There's 79 years of comics to choose from. Choose wisely . . . 

WATCH YOUR FAVORITE BAT-MOVIE

I mean if you don't feel like getting off your ass then pick one or two (or more . . . whatever) of your favorite Bat-movies, heat up some popcorn, grab a soda or a beer and sit back and relax! There's the excellent animated films to choose from or the varying degrees of quality live action films. Wanna laugh? Batman and Robin! Wanna cry? Batman: Mask of the Phantasm! Wanna cheer? Batman Begins! Dealer's choice, man! Go for it! 

BUILD WITH SOME BAT-LEGOS

I don't care how old you are - Batman Legos are fun and awesome. Go to your local toy store, not Toys R Us of course (too soon?), and pick up some bad ass legos and have fun! If you think they're too pricey then pull out your Bat credit card and pay it off later! "Never leave the cave without it!" 

WEAR YOUR FAVORITE BAT-SHIRT

This one was obvious right? If you're like me, you have a whole drawer literally overflowing with various Bat-shirts. I've walked into stores wearing a Batman shirt and bought a different Batman shirt. Because I'm a devoted Bat-fan and I'm not ashamed of that! (anymore)

MARATHON YOUR FAVORITE BAT-EPISODES

Batman has been in so many various animated series throughout the decades it's hard to keep track! There's the Adventures of Batman from the 1970s, Batman: the Animated Series, Batman Beyond, The Batman, Beward the Batman, Justice League, Justice League Action, Batman Unlimited, Batman: the Brave and the Bold, Superfriends, I mean the list goes on! It's crazy! Fun fact about me - that aforementioned Adventures of Batman was one I discovered at Blockbuster when I was a kid and watched the hell out of so many times. When the DVDs FINALLY released a few years ago I gobbled those up. It's so much fun to watch. Hopefully, DC Universe will add it to their collection. OH! And speaking of which . . . 

DOWNLOAD DC UNIVERSE

Oh it's so cool! So much of what I mentioned is already on this thing! From classic Batman movies, to the wonderful animated series, to great comic books, this streaming service is so incredible. It's the kind of thing I never knew how much I wanted. And yeah yeah yeah I already own all these things but with so many upcoming new series and more content it's worth it. I'm sure over the next few months we'll see their catalog get bigger and better. But for now, there's plenty to enjoy. And for just $7.99 a month it's a pretty sweet deal! 


Well . . . what are you waiting for? Get out their and enjoy the Bat-Day!



Till Next Time! 


JJ - the Comic Junkie! 


No comments:

Post a Comment