CW

CW

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

BATMAN V SUPERMAN: ULTIMATE EDITION REVIEW - GUEST POST


What's up guys? It's Mikey AKA Mr. McBlam and welcome to today's fix of nerd talk. I want to give special thanks to my friend JJ for letting me contribute to the blog today, I hope to be contributing much more! Thanks JJ!

So what is on my mind today? Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Ultimate Edition has been released on DVD/Blu Ray. Many saw it in a limited theater release, most people, like myself, saw it on Digital Download. The question is - Does it live up to the hype? From my perspective, and those I've forced to watch it with me, the answer is a resounding YES! 


The film was enjoyable in theaters, tingling each of our nerd senses that had us giggling like school girls. Comic panels come to life in a way that each of us as the readers imagined them. You can argue that certain things only work in comics, but you have to admit your inner comic junkie squealed at the sight of Superman standing in mid-air as his cape flapped in the wind, Batman clinging to the side of a building a la Frank Miller style, and Wonder Woman lunging forward into battle, sword drawn, with a war cry that made you just want to pump your fist in the air. 

Squeal!

However, despite the awesome visuals, the film's story left me wanting a lot more than what was given. The extra thirty minutes definitely gives me what I want. The film flows better, scenes and plot points make more sense and the movie, as a whole, definitely improves. 


Some points about the extended edition that I love is that we get to see Clark Kent more. We see his struggle, understand him as a person more and, arguably, we relate to him more for the first time on film. This is a character that has never truly been relatable because we all see him as this symbol, but this new, extended version of the film, as well as Man of Steel, shows that to be this "Super-Man" doesn't just happen overnight, and doing what is right and what is wrong isn't always laid out in black and white. 


Batman is still awesome. The extended version doesn't add a whole lot more to him, but I don't think it needed to. For the first time we see Batman from the perspective of everyone else. We see the reason he is terrifying; we have more of a reason to question his methods. In the other films, we would blindly follow Bats, not thinking about the things he actually does and how horrible he is because he appeals to the inner vigilante in all of us. We all in some way, no matter how good, want to see people get what they deserve. This movie brings those things to light and better yet, focuses on them and shows us that it's not as simple as good and bad and yes, people should reap what they sew, but is it the right of a single person to do the reaping? 

I can't go into other topics without spoiling it, but I definitely give my recommendation to everyone to watch it. Is it a perfect movie? By no means, but what movie truly is? There are issues that come up in every movie, but the extended edition of Batman v Superman is definitely a great experience. I only wish I could have seen this version in theaters. Hey, we still have Justice League to look forward to! In the words of the great Terrence Howard in Iron Man, "Next time, baby!" 

I mean . . . Not for you . . . hahaha!

Thank you everyone for reading! 

Be sure to follow For Comic Junkies on blogger, Twitter, and Facebook so we can see YOU on the next blog!


Mikey McBlam!!!!



What’s up guys it’s Mikey AKA Mr. McBlam and welcome to today’s fix of nerd talk for
comic junkies. I want to give special thanks to my friend JJ for letting m!

No comments:

Post a Comment