CW

CW

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

10 COMIC BOOK COVERS I WANT TO SEE COME TO LIFE


Comic books are awesome. I love them. I bet you already knew that though, given my nickname is The Comic Junkie. One thing that's great about comics is the visual medium. Sure books are great and I've read plenty of books, but comic books have that added bonus of the images in your face! In my opinion, a great artist can make or break a comic book. If the writing is bad but the art is good, then at least I can enjoy that aspect (and vice versa). A lot of my favorite comics have had a great syncing of writer and artist. But let's face it - a lot of times the artist has to be the main selling point. Unless you know specific writers, you're more likely to pick up a comic based on if you like the cover or the interior art. It's similar to movies - you may not like football but if you like Adam Sandler then you'll check out The Longest Yard. 

Not his worst but also not his best . . . 

I've been noticing more and more that my favorite TV shows and movies are adapting specific panels and comic books covers in their films. For example: 


That's the cover to The Dark Knight Returns #1 next to a shot of Batman from the upcoming Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. That's pretty bad ass if you ask me. This got me thinking, what other covers would I love to see adapted on the screen? Panels, moments, character beats are one thing, but covers? That's a cool concept. It's what sold us on the book in the first place. I actually collect a lot of covers that I think are cool. Some I buy just to get signed at Comic Con. It's uh . . . what I do! Anyway! Here's the list! 

AVENGERS #12

Whew! That's a good one! Freaking Iron Man with the Infinity Gauntlet. I'm not really a betting man, but I think it's safe to say we will see something like this when Avengers: Infinity War Part II hits theaters summer 2019. 

BATMAN #612

One of my absolute favorite covers/comics of all time. I've been wanting to see this brought to life for many, many years. Hopefully, if it doesn't happen in Batman v Superman then we can see it in a future Justice League or other type of team up film. 

ALL NEW CAPTAIN AMERICA #1

Given that Anthony Mackie is a star on the rise and Marvel is really pushing the Falcon to be in more films, given his appearance in Ant-Man, I have a feeling that this will happen in a later film. Rumor has it that Steve Rogers might meet his maker in either Captain America: Civil War or possibly Avengers: Infinity War. If that's the case, then the next Cap is right here! 

JUSTICE LEAGUE #30

While this is highly unlikely, I still think it would be kind of a cool twist if Lex's journey in the films mirrored that of the recent comics. Yes, Lex Luthor is on the Justice League in the current comic books. How cool would that be if he joined up with the League to fight Darkseid in a Justice League film? Oh yeah . . . and Captain Cold is there too . . .

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #35

While Venom was introduced in Spider-Man 3, we have yet to see him really do anything more than just . . . It's probably best not to think about it. I'd like to see Marvel revive Venom for their new crop of Spider-Man films. This image in particular, of Venom howling at the moon, is really scary. Let's see him come into the films and be a worthy nemesis for Spider-Man.

GREEN LANTERN #9

This might just be wishful thinking on my part but wouldn't this be great? I'd love to see a rebooted Green Lantern team up with Ben Affleck's Batman. And I'd love to see Batman either take the right or have it given to him momentarily to keep on fighting. Also, this is my favorite comic book cover ever. I love it!

THE INCREDIBLE HULK #340

This one will probably never happen in our lifetime. Which is a damn shame cuz who doesn't want to see 90 minutes of Hugh Jackman vs Mark Ruffalo? I mean, that probably doesn't sound exciting - but a live action Wolverine vs the Hulk would be amazing. We all know it and they know it too! Come on Fox and Marvel! Quit being assholes!

BATMAN #17

I'm not exactly sure HOW they would do this . . . but wouldn't it be cool? I mean not necessarily the Joker with the ripped off face (cuz that's a bit too much) but the Joker dancing with a bloodied up Batsuit is pretty disturbing. And from what we know about Suicide Squad it sounds like Jared Leto's Joker is pretty disturbing. So . . . let's do it!

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #129

This is another that's unlikely, but should still happen! Even though Marvel has the rights to the Punisher and Spider-Man (kinda), it's been said that Marvel TV and Marvel Films don't play so well together (that was deliberately bad grammar btw). Which is a shame because it would be great to see the Punisher vs Spider-Man. 

SUPERGIRL #16

Yes! This one! This cover could actually almost be real but both networks would have to play nice with each other. Granted, there's no reason not to do it! The Flash is exploring the Multiverse and Supergirl has discussed alternate dimensions, like the Phantom Zone. It's not out of the realm of possibility to happen sometime in our future! Let's do this!


Out of the millions of comic book covers out there, these are the ones I chose! You know what, this was kind of fun! I think I'll do it again soon. In the meantime, what say you, Comic Junkies? Any covers you'd like to see come to life? 


Till Next Time! 



JJ - the Comic Junkie 















No comments:

Post a Comment