CW

CW

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Wednesdays

A wise woman once said, "It's just another manic Monday.  I wish it was Sunday.  Cuz that's my fun-day.  My I don't have to run-day."  Well maybe not words of wisdom but certainly true.  Working a 9-5 job I can certainly relate to hating Mondays.  Also, Tuesdays seem to be the day that just plains SUCKS.  I don't know why but they do.  Thursdays are only relieved by the fact that the next day is Friday (also NBC tends to have the best comedies on Thursdays).  Fridays are great because they are the end to a long and stressful week.  Saturdays and Sundays can go either way - kinda depends on the person.

But JJ (you may ask) you left out Wednesdays.  Why? Well, I'll tell you - Wednesdays are great because it is new comic book day.  I try to look forward to every day and hope that it will be better than the first but sadly this is not always the case.  However, Wednesdays seldom disappoint. 

Since I'm in a small town there is not much to do - but it is a college town so the night life tends to be quite interesting (if you're into that kind of thing).  I've only been here a couple years so Wednesdays have almost become my favorite day of the week.  My lunch break is spent getting a quick meal and jumping in my car to the comic book store. 

My list has gradually grown over the past few years.  My "gateway drug" back into monthlies was the Batman storyline Hush by Jeph Loeb and Jim Lee (a full review will be here soon).  That led to Superman/Batman, Supergirl, Green Lantern: Rebirth to my now extensive almost $50 a month list.  I'm sure other guys spend more than that in a week but it's enough for me now.  Although I'm sure it won't take long for the comic book publishers to entice me with a new exciting sounding book. 

Wednesdays used to be just another day of the week.  Nowadays they are something very special to me.  Movies come out every week, but let's face it only a handful a year are actually worthwhile but pretty much every Wednesday we can look forward to an exciting new superhero adventure!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment