CW

CW

Thursday, July 30, 2015

DAREDEVIL: SEASON 2 GUEST STARS


Isn't Netflix great? It's become so ingrained in our lexicon that it's used in everyday sentences. "I don't wanna go out tonight. I just wanna chill at home and watch Netflix." You've probably said it at some point during your day. Well, Marvel was smart and capitalized on that concept. They introduced their first TV show through the Netflix model with tremendous success. Their plan now is to introduce a new series every six months leading up to The Defenders at some point in the future. The next show we'll be getting is Jessica Jones starring the B---- from Apartment 23 (or Kristen Ritter if you prefer). After that is going to be Daredevil season 2 (presumably). Then Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and possibly a Punisher series (cuz Marvel/Netflix read my blog! Yay!)

Season 2 of Daredevil is currently filming in New York. It's been confirmed that the Punisher and Elektra will be big parts of the new season.

I hear she's single now . . . 

Ouch! He didn't even see it coming!

Elektra was already referenced in season 1 but the Punisher was never mentioned at all. His announcement surprised everyone. I think the producers should definitely up the comic book aspect of the series going forward. I think of it like Arrow. Arrow started off very grounded and toning down the comic bookiness of the characters but as the show went on it really embraced more comic book characters, locations, and especially costumes. I think Daredevil should do the same thing. Here are some characters that I want to see in the series going forward: 

SPIDER-MAN

I think this guy is on everyone's wish list to appear on Daredevil at some point. I first met the Daredevil character on the early 90s Spider-Man animated series. I didn't really understand who he was (like the blindness REALLY confused me as a kid) but I still thought he was a cool looking character. I liked that he helped Peter out as both Matt Murdock and as Daredevil (he was Peter's lawyer). Nowadays I still look forward to Spider-Man/Daredevil team ups in the comic books. Since they're both New York characters it makes sense that they cross paths every so often. Plus, having Tom Holland guest star would only keep selling audiences on the new actor playing Spider-Man (which is divisive among fans). I would love to see at least one episode where Spider-Man shows up and helps Daredevil on a case. Or maybe Daredevil can make an appearance in the rebooted Spider-Man film! That would be so awesome! 

COULSON AND THE OTHER AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.

Here's one crossover that shouldn't be too difficult, but I imagine it will be for "reasons." The scenario could simply be that Daredevil is fighting off an Inhuman and Coulson and the other agents show up to help. Granted that sounds more like an episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. than Daredevil but it could work. I mentioned in a previous article that it would be cool to have some crossovers between these two series. Season 3 of S.H.I.E.L.D. is going to be Coulson and Skye recruiting the Secret Warriors. It's not crazy to think that they would consider the Devil of Hell's Kitchen for their team. But then again, he's gonna have his hands full this season being "punished" and "elektricuted" . . . HAHA! . . . Still, I love Clark Gregg. Having him on the show would give Daredevil some actual credible proof that he's part of the MCU outside of a few references to the Avengers. 

BULLSEYE

The other obvious choice. I think it's safe to say we were all surprised when the Punisher was announced for season two instead of (or maybe just ahead of) Bullseye. When you think of Daredevil odds are you think of Bullseye. He's the Joker to his Batman. When done right, he's a fantastic character. He never misses except when it comes to Daredevil. They have an interesting relationship. Bullseye is a hired assassin but when it comes to Daredevil, he'll kill him and his loved ones just for fun. It's not a question of "if" we'll see Bullseye but "when." I wouldn't be surprised if Wilson Fisk was taken off the board for season 2 but brought back in season 3 along with Bullseye as a main antagonist. Now THAT would be some dark and scary shit. 

Dark and scary indeed . . . 


BLACK WIDOW

Let's just take a moment to look at how beautiful Scarlett Johannsen is, shall we? . . . Ok! Moment over! I didn't know it until recently reading up on a lot of Daredevil comic books, but she and Murdock have a history together. You know . . . a sexy history! 


Given her time as a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent and a Russian spy it's not out of the realm of possibilities for her and Murdock to have crossed paths at some point. But then again, she could be in New York on assignment with the New Avengers and cross paths with him for the first time. It's another way to give Daredevil a legitimate MCU connection. Also, they're both such pretty people I just want them to get busy with the sexy time! 

IKARI 

Ikari is a relatively new addition to the Daredevil rogues gallery. When he first appeared, it was obvious that he had the same heightened senses that Murdock had with one exception - he could still see. He was a formidable opponent for Daredevil, nearly killing him. Again, he might wait until a "Return of the Kingpin" story that might be saved for season 3, but I wouldn't be opposed to this character showing up and kicking some ass. He would fit very well with Stick's unresolved story as well. He could be used to distract Daredevil while Stick makes his move toward the "War" that was coming. Ugh . . . there's always some kind of war going on with these damn comic book guys . . . Why can't we all just get along?!

CAPTAIN AMERICA 

Despite the two characters living in the same universe (unlike that bullshit with Fox and the X-Men) this is still probably a long shot. Still, I would love to see Cap in an episode or two of Daredevil. He's my favorite character in the Avengers. I love that he's earnest but still bad ass. He never backs down from a fight and will do anything for his fellow man. He and Daredevil have that in common. Now that they've finally given Cap a cool costume in the movies, let's see him crossover in the TV shows. I just want more Captain America in the TV shows and movies. BECAUSE I LOVE MURICA! 

Anyway, those are a few of my suggestions of characters I want to see on Daredevil season 2 and beyond. Let's hope Marvel expands the blocks of Hell's Kitchen! 


Till Next Time!


JJ - The Comic Junkie! 




No comments:

Post a Comment