CW

CW

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Man of Steel Update

Today was my first day in New York City.  I came here with my sister for Comic Con but like last year we got here early to see a little of the city and see a show.  This year we picked GRACE starring Paul Rudd, Michael Shannon, Kate Arrington, and Ed Asner.

We were fortunate enough to meet the cast after the show and get their autographs.  I told them how much I loved it (I really did and I highly recommend the show to you!) while my sister took some pictures.

The best moment was when Michael Shannon came over and I told him I was over the moon excited for MAN OF STEEL.  This is what followed:

MS - Oh yeah? So do you think I'll be a good Zod? (he said very innocently, probably thinking I might give a sarcastic answer [I had just told him we were in town for Comic Con])

JJ - Yeah I think you'll be like Heath Ledger ya know?  No one's gonna expect what you're gonna do with it.

MS - The film is really incredible.  These kinda films though tend to have a lot of computer effects and all that (that seemed to bother him a bit, after seeing this show it's clear he's all about practicality and true performance)

JJ - Well the director (Zack Snyder) is kinda like that tho

MS - Yeah but nobody has a visual style like him.  No one makes movies the way he does.  It's really incredible.  (Without meaning to, I felt like I had talked trash about Snyder.  Mihael immediately stood up for him.)

JJ - Yeah that's true.

MS - Honestly I'm scared to follow Terrence Stamp as Zod.  Ya know?  He scared the shit outta me when I was a kid and watched Superman.

(everyone laughs and he continued talking to other members of the audience)



There ya have it folks.  A candid, impromptu interview with Michael Shannon about MAN OF STEEL.  Tune in the rest of the week for more NYC updates!



No comments:

Post a Comment